Dylan Ungerman Sears and the VOW DELEGATION




“Governments say a nuclear weapons ban is unlikely. Don’t believe it. They said the same about a mine ban treaty.”




Jody Williams Nobel Laureate


I think Dylan would say the same. She is relentless in her enthusiasm for possibility . We love her at VOW. She is the National Coordinator ( I have added her bio below) and I love her efforts to 'reinvigorate the Feminist Peace Movement in Canada!" We had many fleeting, heart felt conversations during the week and some hearty laughter. I applaud her patience and her care. She created a cradle of support for those that left things behind, couldn't find them to begin with and lost their way before they left. We love you, Dylan!!


Now I also want to thank the entire delegation. There were so many conversations here and there and they all count. My impression overall is that these young women will lead us to a place of equality and justice. Read their bio's on the VOW website and I am just so  grateful that I could be in New York with all of you. From Melissa's upcycling to Marta's memories of mennonites ( we both know waterloo county culture!) it was a great time! I am just so sorry that I lost Ronnie in the New York subway system as I was running for the read line to the Upper West Side.There were, afterall, some adventures.







































watching the patriarchy disappear:)


































































Thank you to the whole VOW team - such a beautiful group of women!

Sending love from Halifax....kathrin

Comments